QUADRICEPS - Medialis, Intermedius, Rectus Femoris, Lateralis, and VMO
- Lay face down on the floor or a yoga mat. Support yourself on your forearms.
- Position the roller underneath both legs, directly beneath the quadriceps muscle.
- Keep your head straight, facing downward the whole time.
- Use your forearms to to support your body weight while moving the roller from the area just above your knee caps up to the front of your hips.
- You can adjust the length of your quad by varying the degree that you bend your knee(s).
- If you find a tight or knotted area, hold pressure directly on it for 5-10 seconds, and then roll back and forth to release tension. Repeat this 2-3 times for increased benefit.
- Perform approximately 10 complete rolls (movements back and forth).